Child Care Aware of Northwest Arkansas is providing free training. Classes include:
• Tuesday: “Managing Tantrums and Meltdowns” will examine what, why, when, where tantrums occur, how a tantrum can be dealt with most effectively. 6-8 p.m. at 614 E. Emma Ave., Suite 131 in Springdale.
• Wednesday: “Keeping Our Children Safe” will be engaged in learning about critical safety and health issues that harm our children. 10 a.m.-noon at 1200 W. Walnut St. in Rogers.
• Jueves: “Prevención de la violencia juvenil”. Las clases se encuentran los jueves de 6-8 p.m. y están localizadas en 614 E. Emma Salón 218 en Springdale. Llame al (479) 751-9494 para más información.
Information: (479) 751-3463 or nwachildcare.org.
Community Blood Center of the Ozarks will host blood drives at the following locations:
• Bella Vista: 2-6 p.m. Wednesday, Bella Vista Assembly of God, 1771 Forest Hills Blvd.
• Siloam Springs: 8 a.m.- 2 p.m. Thursday, DaySpring, 21154 Highway 16E
• Berryville: 9 a.m.-noon Friday, Tyson of Berryville, 110 W. Freeman Ave.; 2:30-5:30 p.m. Friday, Wal-Mart Supercenter, 1000 W. Trimble Ave.
• Fayetteville: 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. June 4, St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1722 N. Starr Drive
Information: (800) 280-5337 or cbco.org.
to be created
The Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Benton County is holding a new sign reveal and time capsule creation ceremony at 10 a.m. Thursday at the SPSFBC office, 2601 S.W. D St. in Bentonville.
Bring pictures, news articles, old name badges or T-shirts or anything else that might be a SPSFBC memory or something with logos from the past. These items will be collected and placed in a time capsule and opened again on the 50th anniversary in 2034.